Friday, September 19, 2008

Lutz doesn't believe in human caused global warming but...

he's still the one in charge of GM's electric car...cue Colbert:



Here's what Lutz has to say about the interview:

"I was warned not to try to counter his humor with offerings of my own: “He’ll inevitably win. You should just smile, and play it straight.”

I resolved to obey, but lost it as the “interview” began: if one has any sense of humor at all, it’s just impossible not to have it triggered when engaged by Colbert’s brilliant but outrageous persona. It turns out, unfortunately, that “outrageous” is the main bandwidth of my humor, so I found my responses coming reasonably fast and automatically. Although if you see the interview, you’ll notice some pauses on my part. Those pauses were not because I didn’t know what to say; they were time needed to index through and discard the truly dangerous answers!

Once we got going, I think we “connected,” and the time just flew. But “fun challenge” aside, the key facts on Volt came out: 40-mile electric range, great overall range, advanced lithium-ion battery technology and so on. Those facts are now known to the huge Colbert Nation, which consists primarily of millions of educated, successful young people, including many who are not generally predisposed to consider GM cars."

No comments: